About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Four Kinds of Beans Salad



Four Kinds of Beans Salad

Salad Ingredients:
2 (14.5 oz.) cans cut green beans, drained
2 (14-1/2 oz.) cans cut wax beans, drained
1 (15.5 oz.) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 (15 oz.) can organic soy beans, rinsed & drained
3/4 cup diced green bell peppers
1 medium to large size red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings

Salad Dressing:
1-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups 5% white vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons celery seed
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce, optional ingredient

To make salad dressing: In a bowl mix together thoroughly with a spoon, the sugar, vinegar, celery seed, salt, pepper, and soy sauce.

To make the salad: In a large size bowl, layer the beans, green peppers, and onions, but in between each layer, pour a bit of the salad dressing over each layer of beans and the vegetables.

Pour any remaining salad dressing over the top of the salad.

Cover the bowl, and refrigerate the bean salad for several hours, before serving.

Yields: 16-18 servings

No comments: