Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chilled Strawberry Yogurt Soup πŸ“

This delicious soup was posted by PaulaG at food.com, but I did modify the recipe just a bit. I love this soup! It's also a very pretty soup. I think it would be great even served as a dessert.



πŸ“ Chilled Strawberry Yogurt Soup 

3 cups fresh, sliced, strawberries

1/2 cup pineapple juice, chilled (See *Note)

4 Tablespoons granulated sugar

1 cup vanilla yogurt

1/2 cup of ice (I used 8 mini sized ice cubes)

Several dollops, of Reddi Whip Whipped Topping

2 large, fresh, strawberries (not hulled) and sliced in half


1.)  Place sliced strawberries into a blender.  Add the pineapple juice, sugar, yogurt and ice cubes. Place lid on blender, and process until all ingredients are smooth.

2.)  Pour strawberry soup into 4 soup bowls.  Top each bowl with a dollop of the whipped topping. Garnish each bowl with a halved strawberry.  Serve soup immediately.

3.)  Yields: 4 servings (1-1/4 cups per each person)

4.) *Note: I have prepared this soup numerous times, and when I don't have a can of pineapple juice on hand, I opt to adding the juice from a can of crushed pineapple.  And at another time when making the soup, I ended up adding some of the crushed pineapple as well, which worked great in the recipe.

Chilled Strawberry Yogurt Soup | Just A Pinch Recipes

No comments:

Cream of Potato & Cheddar Cheese Soup

One day my daughter had given me some of her Yukon Gold Potatoes from her garden.   I then decided I'd quickly  throw a potato soup toge...