About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cinnamon Chip Rice Krispie Bars

Yesterday I made marshmallow rice krispie bars, and added some cinnamon flavored chips to the mix. They were quite cinnamony delicious!  I also made a smaller pan of Peanut Butter Krispie Bars, and posted the recipe following the Cinnamon Chip Krispie Bars.



Cinnamon Chip Rice Krispie Bars

5 tablespoons butter
1 (10.5 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup Hershey's Cinnamon Chips
7 cups Rice Krispies Cereal

Butter the inside of one 13x9x2-inch cake pan, then set the pan aside.

In a large stock-pot, melt the 5 tablespoons of butter over very low heat. (Whenever I make rice krispie bars, I use an 8-quart Teflon coated stock-pot.)

After the butter's melted in the pot, add the miniature marshmallows, and stir until the marshmallows have completely melted.

Once the marshmallows have completely melted, add the cinnamon chips, and stir until the chips have almost melted through. (It's ok to have a few unmelted chips.)

Remove pot from the heat, add the cereal, and stir until the cereal is evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.

Press the marshmallow/cereal mixture into the buttered pan.

Let bars sit for 2-3 hours, before cutting them.

Yields: 24 bars

Note: When I made the smaller pan of Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars, in a buttered 8x8-inch pan, here's the amount of ingredients I used...

4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
5 cups miniature marshmallows
5 cups of rice krispie cereal

After you melt the marshmallows in the butter, add the creamy peanut butter; stir to melt the peanut butter through. Once that is done, add the cereal, and stir to coat the cereal evenly with the marshmallow mixture. Press the marshmallow/cereal mixture into the buttered 8x8-inch pan. Let bars sit for a while, to allow the bars to firm up a bit, then cut into 16 bars. Since I made these in a smaller pan, the bars were a bit thicker than the ones I usually make in a cake pan.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I wish I had this recipe last week when the grandchildren were with me. The cinnamon krispies sound wonderful. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Mary said...

That sounds delicious! Yum!

Great blog!

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

Mama Pea said...

Hi, Cindi - This is Mama Pea writing. Thank you for your recent two comments on my blog. I'd be glad to do a blog post on my Peanut Butter Cookies. I always think they are "appropriate" at this time of year. They seem kinda "fallish," don't they?

I did do a blog post on how I make my pie crusts a while back. If you go to http://www.ahomegrownjournal.blogspot.com/2010/04/twelve-in-one-blow.html that should take you right to it. If you have trouble finding it, let me know.

Domestic Goddess said...

Mama Pea, can't wait to check out your peanut butter cookie recipe. Also, thank you for posting the link to your pie crust recipe. I didn't have any problems finding the recipe. Again, thank you!

Nana said...

I love marshmallow bars!!!! I haven't tried them w/ the cinnamon. I just might have to!

Naiwen said...

i do love it too... Cinnamon & Marshmallow bars! I will try to make it.

Domestic Goddess said...

Ladies, these indeed are very good! But then I don't think I ever met a rice krispie bar that I didn't like!!