About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cream of Potato & Cheddar Cheese Soup

One day my daughter Jen had given me some of her Yukon Gold Potatoes from her garden. I then decided I'd quickly throw a potato soup together in my crock-pot. Within 3 hours and 15 minutes, we had a delicious potato soup for our dinner.



Cream of Potato & Cheddar Cheese Soup

6 cups peeled, cubed, Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of celery soup
1 cup half-and-half cream
1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
cheese & garlic flavored croutons, to garnish the soup (opt.)

Put the potatoes, onion, celery, garlic powder, white pepper, and both cans of chicken broth, in a 3-1/2 quart size crock-pot.

Stir in the cream of celery soup; place the lid over the crock-pot, and cook on high for 3 hours, or 3 hours and 15 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through.

Once the potatoes are completely cooked; stir in the half-and-half cream, then stir in the shredded cheddar cheese.

Cover the crock-pot, and let sit until the cheese melts.

Once the cheese has melted, stir the soup, then ladle soup into bowls, and garnish each bowl with the cheese & garlic flavored croutons, if desired.

This soup makes: 6 servings

4 comments:

Mary said...

Your soup looks delicious. I am new to your blog but wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed my visit here. I like your recipes and the food you featur. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Kerry, a.k.a Karebear said...

I am so excited for soup season! Your soups are the best! This one looks great. Love checking in on your blog, always something new!

Domestic Goddess said...

Mary, glad to see you've enjoyed viewing my blog, and I'm delighted to see you like the recipes and foods I've been posting. Thanx Mary!

Kerry, I too 'am excited that it's soup season! Can't wait to try some new recipes, as well as preparing my all-time-favorites. By the way I have to say... the cream of potato & cheddar soup...
"It's to die for", especially with the garlic cheese croutons. I should really make some for you and Wendy to try. At least I'd know Wendy would be getting her vegetables!

Naiwen said...

Yummy, love potatoes & cheese! You're quite the cream of the cream when it comes to cooking eh?