1. Buy whole coffee beans, rather than purchasing already ground coffee. Grind the coffee beans to a medium grind. Use 2 tablespoons per each (3/4 cup) of coffee. To makes 6 cups of coffee, use 12 tablespoons of the ground coffee.
2. Use cold refrigerated filtered water.
3. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt, over the coffee grounds.
4. Use unbleached coffee filters.
5. After the coffee is done brewing, immediately pour coffee into an insulated thermos, so the coffee doesn't taste burnt while sitting on the burner. The coffee will stay quite warm for hours in the thermos. (I used a stainless-steel thermos, and it kept the coffee warm for hours.)
Note: Before I added the coffee to the thermos, I filled the thermos with "hot" water, and sealed it. I let it sit while brewing the coffee, which was about 15 minutes. This will help to keep the coffee warmer a bit longer. Fifteen minutes later, I dumped out the "hot" water, and poured the "hot" coffee into the thermos; sealed it, and enjoyed a hot cup of coffee through out the remainder of the day.