Monday, August 9, 2010

Refreshing Watermelon Lemonade πŸ‰πŸ‹

I love watermelon and lemonade, so this is one of my favorite lemonades!  Sometimes when I make this beverage, I'll add 4 cups of the chopped watermelon, and sometimes I may add 5 cups.  Guess the sweetness of the melon determines how much I'd like to add, or if I'd like this to be a bit more tart and tangy, then I'll just add the 4 cups of the chopped melon.




 Refreshing Watermelon Lemonade  

4 or 5 cups of chopped watermelon

1-1/8 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (See *Note) 
3 cups of water 


1.)  Place watermelon in a blender, and process until smooth.

2.)  If desired, strain the watermelon.  (I stated it twice, before adding it to the pitcher.) 

3.)  Add the watermelon juice, sugar, and lemon juice to a 2-quart pitcher.  Briskly stir until the sugar is dissolved.

4.)  Now add the water, and stir.

5.)  Chill watermelon lemonade in the refrigerator.

6.)  Serve chilled lemonade with ice, but stir well before serving.

7.)  Yields: 56-oz. of "the best" watermelon lemonade ever!

8.) *Note: I found you will need 8 medium to large size lemons, to get 1 and a 1/2 cups of fresh lemon juice.




No comments:

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed these moist Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Especially since my husband enjoys bananas, and I enjoy ...