About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Watermelon-Blueberry Juice Pick-Me-Up

I came across this refreshing beverage recipe at
food.com, which Connie (aka Chef1MOM) posted
the recipe. This beverage is a bit different from the
drinks I'm use to making. Who'd a thought of mixing
watermelon and blueberries together? My husband
and I enjoy this on those hot summer days!



Watermelon-Blueberry Juice Pick-Me-Up

2 cups chopped watermelon
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon Splenda
ice cubes, optional

Add the above ingredients into a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into a glass (with or without ice) and serve.
Yields: 1 serving


Berry variations: Try other berries with this recipe, such as, strawberries, blackberries, and boysenberry. You could also mix this with some lime juice instead of the lemon.

To make a slushie: Just mix and pour into a plastic cup,
freeze for 35 - 45 min., take out and mush for slushie effect.

Note: If desired, double the ingredients.
This will make 3-1/4 cups.


No comments: