About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sour Cream Cucumber Salad

This delicious cucumber salad was originally posted by WI Cheesehead at food.com, but I did modify the recipe just a bit.



Sour Cream Cucumber Salad

2 medium size cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1/3 cup light Italian salad dressing (*See note)
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons diced onion (I used red onion)

1/2 teaspoon salt

Place sliced cucumbers in a serving bowl; then set bowl aside.

In another bowl mix together, the sour cream, Italian salad dressing, onion, and salt.


Stir the sour cream mixture into the cucumbers; mix thoroughly. 

Refrigerate the cucumber salad for a while, as it tastes better cold.

Yields: 4 servings

*Note: When it came to adding the Italian dressing, I used Fit & Active Light Italian Dressing, which I purchased from Aldi's. It happens to be my "favorite" Italian dressing!


1 comment:

Sandy said...

Oh that looks great also. My kids may even eat this, writing it down, thanks for sharing!!