About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies

I submitted this recipe to Reiman Publications. This recipe can be found in the following cookbooks... 2003 Country Woman Christmas Cookbook, as well as the Taste of Home 2004 Treasury of Christmas Recipes. These Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies are spectacular!


Photo by: Taste of Home

Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Vanilla frosting
Assorted colored crystal sugar
Candy sprinkles

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla extract.

Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until easy to handle.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch to 4-inch cookie cutters. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes, or until firm, and edges are golden brown. (I baked my cookies in a 350 degree oven.)

Cool for 1 minute (on baking sheets), before removing from pans to wire rack to cool completely.

Frost and decorate as desired.

About: 4-1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments: