About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

3 Oven Fried Chicken Recipes

I originally came across this recipe in one of my cookbooks from back in the early 80's. I have made the 3 variations, and all are pleasingly good. (Variations: Basic Oven Fried, Italian and Mexican)

3 Oven Fried Chicken Recipes

2 tablespoons butter, or margarine
2/3 cup Bisquick All-Purpose Baking Mix
1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
1-1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 to 2-1/2 lbs. broiler-fryer chicken, cut-up

Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Place butter in a 13x9-inch baking pan.
Melt butter in the oven, then remove pan from the oven.

Mix together, the Bisquick Mix, paprika, salt and pepper;
coat chicken pieces in the mix.

Place chicken (skin-side-down) in the baking pan.
Bake uncovered in the oven for 30 minutes.

Remove pan from the oven.
Lower oven temperature to 400 degrees.
Turn chicken over, (in pan) and then bake the chicken
for an additional 30 minutes in the oven.

Serves: 4 to 6 people

For Italian chicken: Add 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder to the coating mix.

For Mexican chicken: Decrease Bisquick Baking Mix to 1/2 cup, and add 2 tablespoons cornmeal, and 1-2 tablespoons chili powder.

No comments: