About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes

I made these yummy blueberry pancakes this morning, but used frozen blueberries, which I thawed them first on paper toweling, before adding them to the batter. My husband said the pancakes were very good. I thought they were good too!



Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes

2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk (I used 2%)
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Bisquick Original Pancake & Baking Mix
1 cup fresh, or frozen (thawed) blueberries
maple syrup, or your favorite pancake syrup

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs thoroughly.
(I whisked the eggs with a fork in an 8 cup (2-quart) glass bowl.)

Pour milk in the bowl; whisk eggs and milk together.

Add sour cream and vanilla extract to the bowl, and whisk the mixture for a few minutes, until all is blended well together.

Now add the Bisquick; blend well to mix ingredients together.

Stir in the blueberries. (Or, wait and top the pancake batter with the blueberries, after the batter has been poured into the skillet or onto the griddle, as shown in the first photo above.)

Spray a skillet or griddle with a no-stick cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. If using an electric griddle; heat griddle to 350ºF.

Pour 1/4 cup of batter in skillet or onto the griddle. Cook about 2-3 minutes; turn pancakes, and cook 2-3 minutes, or until pancakes are golden brown.

(Since I used a skillet, and placed it on my front burner, which is a large-size gas burner, I heated the skillet over medium-low heat, so it only took 1-2 minutes per each side to cook the pancakes.)

Serve pancakes with maple syrup, or a favorite pancake syrup.

Yields: About 20 (3-1/2 inch) blueberry pancakes.

4 comments:

Naiwen said...

So deliciously sweet, almost ideal for a sweet-tooth. Anyway, I'd rather the strawberry ones. Never made the blueberrie pancakes or hotcakes. But would love to try.

Domestic Goddess said...

Naiwen, I much prefer blueberry pancakes over the strawberry pancakes, but... I do so enjoy pancakes topped with homemade strawberry jam, and better yet, banana panckes with the jam.

Naiwen said...

Mmm, Bananas! I love them.

Naiwen said...

Its quite odd of you to say so, but yeah, I'd be more partial to strawberry pancakes as I love anything red.