About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Chicken Paprikash Pot Pie

This is my "favorite" chicken pot pie recipe!
The recipe is from Pillsbury, and it's quite delish.

Chicken Paprikash Pot Pie

Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 6

1 (15 oz.) pkg. refrigerated pie crusts
4 slices bacon
3/4 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into 1/2" pcs.
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (12 oz.) jar Heinz Home-Style Chicken Gravy
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon paprika

In large skillet, over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels; and set aside. Remove all drippings from skillet, except for 1 tablespoon.

Add the chicken pieces to bacon drippings in skillet. Cook and stir until chicken is cooked through.

Add the onions, bell pepper and carrots; cook and stir until vegetables are tender.

Stir in the peas and cooked bacon, crumbling the bacon as you add it.

In a small bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients; mix well. Stir into chicken mixture in skillet. Spoon mixture into prepared crust-lined pie pan (9-inch).

Top with second crust. Flute edges, and cut slits on top of crust, for steam to escape.

Bake at 425 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.

Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 10 to 15 minutes of baking, to prevent excessive browning.

Let the pie stand 10 minutes before serving.

No comments: