About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crispy Chicken Supreme

This delicious chicken is made with a crispy rice cereal, like the brand name that goes Snap! Crackle! Pop! While the cereal gives the chicken that added extra crunch, the spices also make the chicken taste quite delish!

Crispy Chicken Supreme

4 cups crispy rice cereal, crushed to equal 2 cups
1 teaspoon paprika
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 lbs. frying chicken
3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted

Place crushed cereal in a shallow dish. 

Stir in the paprika, then set the dish aside.

In a bowl, beat the egg and milk together slightly, then add flour, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning; mix until smooth.

Dip chicken in the batter, then coat chicken with the crushed cereal.

Place coated chicken in a single layer (skin side up), in a well greased baking pan.

Drizzle melted margarine or butter over the chicken.

Bake in a 350 degree oven about 1 hour, or until chicken is tender and done. (Do not cover pan or turn chicken while it's baking.)

Yields: 4 servings

No comments: