About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Hash Brown Taters with Dogs

I enjoy this casserole! It's a any easy dish to put together.
(Just be sure to allow time for the hash browns to thaw,
before assembling this dish together.)



Hash Brown Taters with Dogs

5 cups frozen hash browns, thawed (5 cups = 16-ounces)
1 (10-3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup (See *Note)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 (3 ounce) package French-fried onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 jumbo size franks, cut lengthwise (but not cut all the way through)

Combine potatoes, soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Spread in a greased 2-1/2 to 4-quart size baking dish. (I used a 4-quart size oval baking dish).

Top with the partially sliced franks (slice size up).

Cover, and bake 30 minutes in a 400 degree oven. (I did not cover the casserole, and it turned out great! But I think that's because I used jumbo sized franks, so they didn't over bake).

Remove, uncover, and top with the other 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and the French fried onions.

Place casserole back in the oven, (uncovered) and continue baking for 2-3 more minutes. (Just until the cheese has melted, and French Fried Onions are lightly browned).

Yields: 4 servings

*Note: You can substitute soups in this recipe.

You could use either cream of celery or cream of chicken soup,
in place of the cream of mushroom soup.

No comments: