About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Franks and Beans Soup

This is a hearty, delicious, quick 'n easy soup to put together.



Franks and Beans Soup

8 Jumbo size franks, cut into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3 (11-1/2 oz.) cans condensed bean with bacon soup
3 and 3/4 cups of water
1 (15 oz.) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 (15 oz.) can light red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
3 teaspoons minced dried onion flakes
1/8 teaspoon, plus 1/16 teaspoon black pepper

In a large stockpot over medium heat, add the vegetable oil.

Add the sliced franks; cook and stir frequently for 4 minutes,
to lightly brown the franks.

Add the 3 cans of soup, the water, kidney beans, dried onion flakes, and pepper; stir to mix.

Cook soup over low heat, uncovered, until soup has heated through (about 18 minutes).

Yields: 6 - 7 servings

Note: The brand of franks I used to make this soup were, Farmland Hickory Smoked Deli-Style Franks, but you could substitute jumbo size hot dogs for the franks, if desired.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Thanks for bringing it back old school. I think with everyone wallet tightening up this is a great idea for dinner. Thanks for posting!

Naiwen said...

Usually, not too huge on soups, but this one looks succulent... or irresistible.