About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sugar Cookie Bars

Just before Christmas I had bought several 3-lb. tubs of already made cookie dough from our Festival Foods Grocery Store, and placed them in the freezer to use for another day. This past week I unthawed the dough and decided to bake some bars with the sugar cookie dough. These were the bars I had made...



Sugar Cookie Bars

2 lbs. of store bought sugar cookie dough
(I used 2-lbs from one 3-lb tub of cookie dough.)

1 (16 oz.) cont. storebought vanilla frosting
(I used Baker's Corner Smooth & Creamy Vanilla Frosting,
which I purchased from Aldi's Grocery Store.)

candy sprinkles, such as: Cate-Mate (or) Betty Crocker
Decors Nonpareils, Jimmies, Confetti, etc...
(I used confetti colored candies... ducks & chicks)
..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Spread 2 pounds of cookie dough in an ungreased (15-1/2" x 10" x 1") baking sheet. (I used my hands to pat down and spread the dough evenly onto the baking sheet.)

Place baking sheet in oven, and bake for 18 minutes.
(The bars will look lightly golden in color when done.)

Cool bars completely before frosting them.
(I didn't use all the frosting. I had a couple tablespoons leftover.)

Immediately decorate the bars with your favorite colored sprinkles.

Let bars set for a few hours before cutting them into squares.

Yields: 32 bars

Note: These bars kept well for several days in a cake pan sealed with a plastic covered lid. (A pan which I purchased from Walmart.)


4 comments:

Kerry said...

These look so good. Where are mine?
These would be so pretty and yummy for Easter. I think the decorations are so spring-y! Yum Yum come and get some! Have a nice day!

Domestic Goddess said...

The bars were good Kerry!
Sorry I wasn't able to save some for you. I will bake some more and share them with you and Wendy, but the bars will be a different recipe. One that is just as good as the ones I posted here.

Naiwen said...

I do agree, they look real nice.

Domestic Goddess said...

Thanx Naiwen. And by the way... these bars are oh so good. Even made with the store bought cookie dough.