About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Old-Fashioned Pink Lemonade

I originally came across this lemonade at 2 separate recipe websites... allrecipes and recipezaar, but I did modify the recipe to my liking. When making the lemonade, I use a bottled lemon juice (price-wise it's cheaper and it still tasted great) but I'm sure freshly squeezed would taste even better. Also for this recipe, you could just use cranberry juice, but I used a raspberry cranberry juice, as that's what I had on hand, and I added a bit more than what the recipe called for. It was a taste preference on my part, but adding less cranberry juice, will make for a light pink lemonade. I found this lemonade to be quite refreshing!




Old-Fashioned Pink Lemonade

1 cup of sugar
4-1/2 cups cold water
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 to 3/4 cup raspberry-cranberry juice, chilled
crushed ice (or) ice cubes

In a large pitcher combine the sugar, water, lemon juice, and cranberry juice; stir to dissolve the sugar completely.

Pour the lemonade in glasses filled with ice and serve.

Yields: 56 ounces of lemonade

Note: For this recipe, I substituted bottled lemon juice for the fresh, plus I added a 3/4 cup of the raspberry-cranberry juice.

No comments: