About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cherry Lemonade

Marg (CaymanDesigns) at food.com, inspired me to make this lemonade. The maraschino cherry juice gave this lemonade a lovely shade of pink and a hint of cherry flavor. When making this lemonade, I used a bottled lemon juice rather than fresh lemon juice, as that is what I had on hand, and it tasted great!



Cherry Lemonade

1-1/4 cups lemon juice, bottled or fresh
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
4 cups cold water
crushed ice, or ice cubes
lemon slices, to garnish beverage
maraschino cherries, to garnish beverage

In a pitcher, add the lemon juice and sugar; stir to combine.

Add the cherry juice and water; stirring briskly to mix.

Add crushed ice or ice cubes to a beverage glass.

Add cherry lemonade to the glass filled with ice.

Garnish each glass with a lemon slice and a maraschino cherry.

Yields: 1-1/2 quarts (48-ounces)


1 comment:

Naiwen said...

Its time to say "With a cherry on top". XDD Anyway, looks quite pink to me, quite good for the summer. Quite refreshing too eh?