About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Coffee Slushie

I came across this recipe at Kraft's recipe website, and have made it several different ways. I've even substitute coffee flavored ice cubes for the ice cubes made with water, plus I've also substituted flavored liquid coffee creamers in place of the milk, but then I would omit the sugar all together, as the flavored coffee creamers added enough sweetness to the slushie(s). In all, I enjoyed these coffee slushie(s). They surely hit the spot on a hot summer's day!



Coffee Slushie

1 tablespoon instant coffee (Maxwell House or Folgers)
1 cup ice cubes
1/2 cup milk (I used 2% milk)
2 tablespoons sugar

Add ingredients to blender.
Cover, and blend on high until ice is crushed.
Pour slushie into a glass and serve.
Yields: About 1-3/4 cups

Substitution: Instead of adding water ice cubes, add coffee ice cubes, which are made with a strong coffee, (double strength) and omit adding the instant coffee all together.

Variations:
Vanilla Slushie - To make a vanilla slushie, add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract to the blender, before blending the ingredients together.

French Vanilla Slushie - Substitute 1/2 cup of French Vanilla liquid coffee creamer in place of the milk, and omit the sugar all together.

Hazelnut Slushie -Substitute 1/2 cup of Hazelnut liquid coffee creamer in place of the milk, and omit the sugar all together.

Tiramisu Slushie - Substitue1/2 cup of Tiramisu liquid coffee creamer in place of the milk, and omit the sugar all together.

Note: I'm sure other flavored liquid coffee creamers would be a good substitute in place of the milk. I just haven't tried any of the others just yet!


No comments: