Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lovely and Luscious Mug of Coffee

Mirj at food.com, inspired me to make this coffee, but I tweaked the recipe to suit my taste.  Also, instead of using boiling water, I just added cold water and the instant coffee in my mug, then placed the mug in a 900 watt microwave, and nuked it for 1 minute & 66 seconds.



Love and Lucious Mug of Coffee

1-1/2 teaspoons Taster's Choice House Blend Instant Coffee
1-1/2 teaspoons Taster's Choice Hazelnut Instant Coffee
11 ounces boiling water
1 ounce (2 Tablespoons) liquid hazelnut coffee creamer
2 ounces (4 Tablespoons) heavy whipping cream (See *Note)

1.)  Place both coffees in bottom of a tall coffee mug.

2.)  Add boiling water to the mug, and stir.

3.)  Add the hazelnut coffee creamer and whipping cream, and stir.

4.)  Yields: 14 ounces of coffee

*Note: When making this coffee, I used those individual single serve packets of instant coffee, which you can purchase either 7 or 20 in a box, and each packet equals 1-1/2 teaspoons.  Also, be sure you use real cream in this recipe.  Do not substitute using milk or skim milk!!

-


No comments:

Cream of Potato & Cheddar Cheese Soup

One day my daughter had given me some of her Yukon Gold Potatoes from her garden.   I then decided I'd quickly  throw a potato soup toge...