About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Baked Brandied Cranberries

I enjoy my cranberries baked this way. The brandy helps to cut down on the tartness of the cranberries, while the sugar gives it just enough sweetness.

Baked Brandied Cranberries

2 (12 oz.) bags cranberries
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup brandy
1/3 cup granulated sugar

Place the cranberries in a glass 13x9x2-inch baking dish.

Cover the cranberries with the 2 cups of sugar, but do not stir.

Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.

Bake 50-55 minutes in a 350º oven; until the cranberries burst.

Remove baking dish from the oven.

Remove the foil and stir.

Let stand 10 minutes, then drizzle with the brandy.

Stir in the 1/3 cup of sugar.

Cool to room temperature; then refrigerate.

Makes 6 to 8 servings.

No comments: