About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Candied Yams

Candied Yams

1 (2 lb. 8 oz.) can sweet potatoes, drained
1 cup brown sugar, packed
6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon salt

In a medium size saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt, and whipping cream.

Cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.

Add the drained can of yams, and stir gently until the yams are glazed and heated through.

Yields: 5 - 6 servings.

Note: For this recipe, I used 1-(40 oz.) can of Bruce's Yams (cut sweet potatoes in syrup).

No comments: