About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Chicken (or) Turkey Salad

1 cup chopped, cooked chicken (or) turkey
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon French's Honey Mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/16 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
1/3 of a McIntosh Apple, chopped
1/3 cup of seedless red (or) green grapes, cut-up
1-2 lettuce leaves (optional)

In a bowl, add the chicken or turkey.

In another bowl or cup, mix together, the mayo, mustard, salt and pepper.

Add the mayo mixture into the chicken or turkey, and stir to mix. Stir in the celery, apples, and grapes.

Refrigerate to chill salad, or serve immediately if all ingredients were chilled.

Serve on a lettuce leaf, if desired.

Makes: 1-2 servings

Note: You can add a few pecan halves (toasted) to the salad, if you wish. I did not add any pecans, and enjoyed the salad without them. Also, since all my ingredients were already chilled in the refrigerator, I ate my salad immediately after making it.

No comments: