About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Cranberry Meatballs

What To Do With Leftover Canned Cranberries...
This is a delicious way to enjoy beef & pork together, in a tangy cranberry or cranberry/raspberry sauce. It's also a great way to use up those leftover canned cranberries, after the holidays are over.

Cranberry Meatballs

Meatballs:
1-3/4 lbs. ground beef
8 ounces ground pork sausage
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 eggs, beaten
2-3 teaspoons garlic, minced or finely chopped
3-5 dashes salt & pepper
1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs

Cranberry Sauce:
16 ounces jelled Ocean Spray Cran-Raspberry Sauce
8 ounces jelled Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce
1 (10-3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
3/4 cup water

In a large bowl, mix all the meatball ingredients together.
Shape into 34 (1-1/2 inch meatballs).

Place on a greased (15-1/4 x 10-1/4 x 3/4-inch) baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

In the meantime, add both cranberry sauces and canned tomato soup in a Dutch Oven; mix together thoroughly. (I mix mine with a potato masher.)

Add water; stir until all is combined.

When meatballs are done, add to the cranberry mixture.
Cook over low heat (covered) for 20-25 minutes.

Makes at least 7 servings.

We enjoy these with hot-cooked mashed potatoes.

Note: If you don't have a (16-oz.) can of the Jelled Cran-Raspberry Sauce, you can use regular Jelled Cranberry Sauce instead.

2 comments:

Naiwen said...

Whats not to like about it? A wee bit of cranberry & meatballs? Count me in if we're making this at a party! DG' just to say, really in love with you blog. Its such a perfect recipe too.

Domestic Goddess said...

Naiwen, we enjoy these tangy cranberry meatballs (and sauce) served over hot-cooked mashed potatoes; especially since there is plenty of sauce to go around.

Also Naiwen, I'd like to say thank-you for the lovely compliment about my blog and the recipe. You are most kind!