About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cranberry Mousse

Cranberry Mousse

1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice
1 (6 oz.) pkg. strawberry flavored gelatin
1 cup water
(16 oz.) of canned whole berry cranberry sauce
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups dairy sour cream

Drain pineapple well, and reserving all the juice.

Add the juice to the gelatin in a 2-quart saucepan.

Stir in the water, heat to boiling; stirring to dissolve gelatin.

Remove pan from heat, and blend in the cranberry sauce.

Add in the lemon juice, lemon peel, and nutmeg.

Chill until mixture thickens slightly.

Blend the sour cream into the gelatin mixture.

Fold in the pineapple, then pour into a 2-quart gelatin mold.

Chill in the refrigerator until firm.

Unmold onto a serving plate.

Yields: 8 servings.

1 comment:

Naiwen said...

I enjoy mousse. I'd deem it perfect for my tastes or my fancy. So the cranberry one sounds so refreshing & rejuvenating.