About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry Sauce

1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup orange juice (or) 1 cup water
12 oz. pkg. fresh or frozen cranberries

In a 3-quart saucepan, add the 1 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of sugar, orange juice or water. (I add orange juice when making these cranberries.) Stir to mix everything together.

Bring cranberries to a boil over high heat; stirring the cranberries constantly. (My cranberries came to a boil within 8 to 10 minutes.)

Once the cranberries come to a boil, I then cover the pan, lower the heat to a simmer, and cook the cranberries for 25 minutes; stirring the berries frequently. (Keep an eye on the cranberries, as they might rise-up while simmering. If they do, just stir them.)

After 25 minutes of cooking time, I uncover the pan, and continue to cook and stir the cranberries for 5 more minutes.

Remove pan from heat, and allow cranberries to cool somewhat (at room temperature), and before placing them in the refrigerator to chill. The cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. (I enjoyed the cranberries while they were still a bit warm, and since I had cooked them a bit longer, I noticed the berries thickened up sooner than I expected.)

Servings: 4-6

Note: I have used the following orange juices when preparing this cranberry sauce... Simply Orange with high pulp. Also, Tropicana with some pulp (both not from concentrate).

No comments: