About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Creamy Apricot Mousse

Creamy Apricot Mousse

1 (17 oz.) can apricot halves
2 (3 oz.) pkgs. apricot flavored gelatin

1-1/2 cups boiling water, to dissolve gelatin in
1 cup plain yogurt
2 cups Cool Whip, plus extra for garnishing

Drain apricots, but reserving the syrup.

Add water to the syrup (if necessary), to measure 1 cup, then set aside.

Reserve 6 apricot halves for garnishing, then pureé the remainder in a blender or food processor; set aside.

Dissolve gelatin in 1-1/2 cups of boiling water, then a
dd the apricot syrup. Chill until it has the consistency of a thick egg white (45 minutes to 1 hour).

Stir in the pureéd  apricots and yogurt until well blended.

Gently fold in the Cool Whip, then pour into a lightly oiled 6 cup gelatin mold. Chill in the refrigerator until firm.

Unmold onto a plate or platter. Garnish with extra Cool Whip (or Reddi Wip), and the reserved apricot halves.

Yields: 10 servings.

2 comments:

Naiwen said...

I quite dislike Apricots. But the Mousse one sound so nice, so tangy, so sweet too.

Domestic Goddess said...

Sorry to hear you dislike apricots Naiwen. Guess they are a love 'em or hate 'em kind of fruit. But I do so enjoy this Apricot Mousse. It's creamy, tangy and kind'a sweet.