About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Four Fruit Compote

Four Fruit Compote

1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 (11 oz.) cans mandarin oranges, drained
1 Granny Smith Apple, unpeeled and chopped
1 Golden Delicious Apple, unpeeled and chopped
1 Red Delicious Apple, unpeeled and chopped
2 to 3 bananas, sliced

Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup of the juice.

In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch.

Add the reserved pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice.

Cook and stir over medium heat, until thickened and bubbly.

Then cook and stir for one minute longer.

Remove pan from heat, and set aside.

In a bowl, combine the pineapple chunks, oranges, apples, and bananas.

Pour the warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat the fruit.

Cover, and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Yields: 10 servings

No comments: