About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Friday, November 25, 2011

"Leftover Turkey" Noodle Soup

Bones and trimmings from 1 turkey (or 2 chickens)
6 cups water
3 chicken bouillon cubes or 3 tsp. bouillon granules
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning or sage
1 bay leaf
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..
1/2 c. barley or rice (or) 1 to 1-1/2 c. uncooked wide egg noodles
3 medium carrots, sliced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1-2 cups chopped, cooked turkey (optional)

In a large saucepan, combine first 6 ingredients. Simmer (covered) for 1-1/2 hours.

Remove bones; cut off meat, and return the meat to the broth.

Add the remaining ingredients, except the parsley. Simmer (covered) for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables and barley are tender.

When ready to serve the soup, remove the bay leaf.


Garnish soup with the parsley.

Serves 6 to 8.

Tip: Other vegetables may be added or substituted, such as: corn, zucchini, tomatoes, potatoes, peas or mushrooms.

Note: Sometimes I find I need to add more turkey meat to the soup, when it's time to add the vegetables, then I will add 1-2 cups of chopped, cooked turkey.

No comments: