About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix the above ingredients together, then put the sweet potato mixture in a greased 1-1/2 quart size casserole baking dish.

Topping:
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
6 tablespoons butter, softened
6 tablespoons flour
1 cup chopped pecans

Mix the above ingredients together, and place this ontop of the sweet potato mixture.

Cover, and bake 35-40 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Note: The last time I prepared this, I used only 1 extra large size egg (instead of 2). I decreased the granulated sugar to a 3/4 cup, and decreased the milk to 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons. I also decreased the vanilla extract to 3/4 teaspoon. As for the topping, I decreased the brown sugar to a 3/4 cup. I only use 6 tablespoons each of butter and flour, and decreased the amount of pecans to a 3/4 cup.


No comments: