About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Monday, January 23, 2012

My Favorite Macaroni and Cheese

"This is my favorite way to eat mac 'n cheese from a box."
The salsa added, makes it taste so good! By the way I wanted everyone to know... The photo of the mac 'n cheese was taken by mydesigirl at food.com. I like her photo much more than the one I took!



My Favorite Macaroni and Cheese

1 (7.25 ounce) box Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup milk
4-5 tablespoons salsa (*See note)

Prepare the mac 'n cheese according to package directions.

Just before serving, (and while still hot) stir in the salsa.

Servings: 3

*Note: Whenever I make this recipe adding salsa that's has more
heat to it (like my husbands homemade 'hot' salsa), I only add 4 tablespoons to the mac 'n cheese, but if I use a store bought brand that's not so hot, and is a medium-heat tasting salsa, then I'll add 5 tablespoons of the salsa.

No comments: