About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hey, look who's turning 57 today!!!



You guessed it... Today this "domestic goddess" is turning 57. Funny... I don't feel like I am 57. But physically, my body is tellin' me I'm "definitely" 57. Today and all of next week I'll be celebrating my birthday, as our oldest daughter has started a new tradition... that birthday's aren't just to celebrated for one day... but rather for an entire week, and so far no-ones objecting to the idea of a week long birthday. So I'm going to take advantage of the new tradition, and milk this one for all it's worth!!
After all... it's my birthday.
And..."Happy Birthday" to me!!!

6 comments:

Monique @ Magpie Hollow said...

A very happy birthday to you !!!
You look wonderful, so nice to "meet" you ; )
I wouldn't say no to a week of birthday fun. You go girl !!!!!

Domestic Goddess said...

Monique, thanx for the birthday wishes and the compliment. And by the way... I am enjoying my birthday week.

Naiwen said...

Happy Birthday, DG! Lots of good fun & good times with family & friends * even delicious foods. I wish I had such a marvelous BD party myself.

Domestic Goddess said...

Naiwen, sometimes it's nice to have a birthdday party. When I was growing up, we never had birthday parties, nor received presents. My mother would buy my sisters and I a cake, and we had ice cream. That was it. Because we didn't celebrate our birthdays with gifts nor had a party, we never expected anything else. I made sure when I had a family of my own, that we'd celebrate our birthdays, and if for some reason we didn't have a party, at least my girls received gifts from their father and I. Our family may not always have parties, but we do remember each others birthdays. Our daughter Jen who is the main cake baker, always bakes a cake for whoever has a birthday, and we do surprise each other with gifts.

Kerry said...

I had the chance to catch up on reading your blog and Thank You for the wonderful Easter comments. Glad you liked the recipes. In fact I am making the Whipped Parsnip Potatoes this weekend again with Cornish Hens for Wendy. It's better than a pizza night again. Just kidding!

Domestic Goddess said...

Hi there Kerry! It's nice to see you and Wendy are having real food and not just pizza. The parsnip potatoes and cornish hens sounds good. Hopefully someday you girls will make the cornish hens for me. As Wendy's always saying she makes "the best tasting" cornish hens.