Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cucumbers and Red Onions

I love this salad, it has a tangy yet sweet 'n sour taste to it! I do however, make this salad one day in advance prior to serving.



Cucumbers and Red Onions

6 medium to large size cucumbers, peeled & sliced thin
1 large red onion, thinly sliced & separated into rings
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups 5% white vinegar
2 cups cold water

1.)  In a large glass bowl, layer cucumbers and onions.

2.)  In another bowl mix together, salt, sugar, vinegar and water.  Stir until sugar is dissolved, and pour over the cucumbers and onions.

3.)  Cover glass bowl, and refrigerate overnight.


4.)  Serve salad the next day, after it's been marinating and chilling over night in the fridge.                     

5.)  Yields: 6 - 7 servings

No comments:

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed these moist Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Especially since my husband enjoys bananas, and I enjoy ...