Monday, October 7, 2013

Strawberry Orange Pasta Salad

I love this pasta-fruit salad!  Especially the combination of pasta, fruit, onion and poppy seed dressing.  The end results, a really delicious tasting salad which everyone seems to enjoy! 



Strawberry Orange Pasta Salad

2 cups farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked

1/3 cup of Kraft Creamy Poppyseed Salad Dressing

1/4 cup of mayonnaise

4 green onions, sliced

1 (11-oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained (See *Note)

1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries
-


1.)  Cook pasta as directed on package, but omitting the salt; drain, and cool.


2.)  In a medium size bowl mix together, the dressing and the mayonnaise.


3.)  Add the pasta and onions to the bowl; stir to coat the pasta.


4.)  Gently stir in the fruit.


5.)  Refrigerate 1 hour.


6.)  Yields: 4 servings


7.)  *Nots*: When making this salad, I actually used about, 4 (4 ounce) mini-bowls of mandarin oranges.  Which comes in a 4-pack, rather than using the (11-ounce) can of mandarin oranges.  I added desired amount of sliced green onion, and fresh strawberries.  (Probably adding more of the strawberries, and a bit less of the green onion.)

No comments:

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed these moist Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Especially since my husband enjoys bananas, and I enjoy ...