About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Strawberry Orange Pasta Salad

I love this pasta-fruit salad! The combination of pasta, fruit, onion and poppy seed dressing may seem a bit weird, but the end results is a really delicious tasting salad, which everyone seems to like! The recipe is from Kraft, but it was a friend who passed this recipe along to me. And I'm so glad she did!



Strawberry Orange Pasta Salad

2 cups farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
1/3 cup Kraft Creamy Poppyseed Salad Dressing
1/4 cup mayonnaise
4 green onions, sliced
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries

Cook pasta as directed on package, but omitting the salt; drain, and cool.

In a medium size bowl mix together, the dressing and the mayonnaise.

Add the pasta and onions to the bowl; stir to coat the pasta.

Gently stir in the fruit.

Refrigerate 1 hour.

Yields: 4 servings

Note: When making this salad, I actually used about 4 (4-ounce) mandarin bowls, which comes in a 4-pack, rather than using the (11-ounce) can of mandarin oranges, plus I added desired amount of sliced green onion and fresh strawberries. Probably adding more of the, and a bit less of the green onion.


No comments: