About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bacon Corn Casserole

I happen to of found this delicious side dish recipe at food.com.
I love the combination of the corn, bacon, and sour cream. 
This is one side dish I'm sure your family will enjoy.



Bacon Corn Casserole

6 slices bacon (*See note)
1/4 cup diced onion
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
18 ounces frozen corn (*See note)
1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley

Preheat oven to 350º.

In a skillet, cook bacon, crumble, and set aside.

Cook onion in butter till transparent, in a large 3-quart saucepan.

In the same pan, blend in the flour and salt.

Add the sour cream gradually; keeping texture smooth.

Bring mixture to a boil, then add the frozen corn and parsley.

Reduce the heat, and cook till corn is heated through, then fold in half of the bacon.

Pour bacon/corn mixture into a greased 1 quart baking dish.

Garnish casserole with the remaining bacon.

Bake in oven (uncovered) for 30 minutes, then serve immediately.

Yields: 4-5 servings.

*Note: For this recipe, I used thick-sliced bacon, and the brand of frozen corn I used, was Birds Eye Freshlike Cut Golden Corn, as it's a sweet tasting corn. (And yes, I used exactly 18 ounces of the frozen corn in this recipe!)

No comments: