Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bacon Corn Casserole

I happen to of found this delicious side dish recipe at FOOD.COM
I love the combination of the corn, bacon, and sour cream. 
This is one side dish I'm sure your family will enjoy!



Bacon Corn Casserole 

6 slices bacon (See *Note)
1/4 cup diced onion
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
18 ounces frozen corn (See *Note)
1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley


1.)  Preheat oven to 350ΒΊ.


2.)  In a skillet, cook bacon, crumble, and set aside.


3.)  Cook onion in butter till transparent, in a large 3-quart saucepan.


4.)  In the same pan, blend in the flour and salt.


5.)  Add the sour cream gradually; keeping texture smooth.


6.)  Bring mixture to a boil, then add the frozen corn and parsley.


7.)  Reduce the heat, and cook till corn is heated through, then fold in half of the bacon.


8.)  Pour bacon/corn mixture into a greased 1 quart baking dish.


9.)  Garnish casserole with the remaining bacon.


10.)  Bake in oven (uncovered) for 30 minutes, then serve immediately.


11.)  Yields: 4 to 5 servings.


12.) *Note: For this recipe, I used thick-sliced bacon, and the brand of frozen corn I used, was Birds Eye Freshlike Cut Golden Corn, as it's a sweet tasting corn.  (And yes, I used exactly 18 ounces of the frozen corn in this recipe!)


No comments:

Kittencal's Jumbo Chewy Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Cookies

I came across this "delicious" cookie recipe at:  Food.com - Recipes The recipe was posted by Kittencal, but I did modify the reci...