Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Holly Berry Cookies

I enjoy making these delectable treats for Christmas, along with the help of my husband.  After I prepare the cookies and place them on a baking sheet, my husband then tops each with the Red Hots Cinnamon Candies.  We love these no-bake cookie treats, they are colorful, festive, and delicious!


Holly Berry Cookies

1/2 cup butter
30 large marshmallows
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon green food coloring
4 cups corn flakes cereal
Red Hots Cinnamon Candies, to garnish cookies

1.)  Line 2 large baking sheets with wax paper; then set baking sheets aside.

2.)  In a large kettle or Dutch oven, add the butter.  (I used a 5-quart Teflon coated Dutch oven.)

3.)  Melt the butter over low heat, then add the marshmallows; stirring constantly until the marshmallows have melted completely.

4.)  Remove kettle from heat, and add the vanilla extract and food coloring; stirring until the food coloring has blended well into the melted marshmallow mixture.

5.)  Remove kettle from heat, and add the vanilla extract and food coloring; stirring until the food coloring has blended well into the melted marshmallow mixture.

6.)  Drop mixture, one heaping tablespoon at a time onto the wax paper; spacing them at least 1-inch apart, then decorate each with 2-3 red hots cinnamon candies (quickly before they set).

7.)  Allow cookies to set on the wax paper for a few hours, so they will harden.

8.)  To store cookies, place them in an air-tight container with a lid.

9.)  Yields: About 2 dozen cookies

10.) Note: When I display the cookies on a platter, I keep them intact on the wax paper.  If giving cookies to others, I cut closely around the wax paper and cookies with a scissors.  And when ready to eat the cookies, just peel off the wax paper.



In this photo, I displayed the Holly Berry Cookies
and the Snickerdoodle Blossoms on a cookie platter.
-
-

No comments:

Kittencal's Jumbo Chewy Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Cookies

I came across this "delicious" cookie recipe at:  Food.com - Recipes The recipe was posted by Kittencal, but I did modify the reci...