Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Southwestern Meatloaf

When I made this meatloaf for the first time, my husband had informed me, that it was the best meatloaf I ever made.  I have to admit this is a pretty good meatloaf.  Also, be sure to us Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix, with (25% Less Sodium). 



Southwestern Meatloaf 

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour


1 lb. ground beef (l used 87% lean)
1/3 cup water
1 large egg, beaten
4 Tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix (25% Less Sodium)
1 Tablespoon plain bread crumbs (or use ground Flaxseed)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
ketchup, use desired amount to top meatloaf

1.)  Lightly grease the inside (bottom only) of one 8x4-inch Teflon coated baking pan.  Set pan aside.

2.)  Preheat oven to 375ΒΊ F.

3.)  In a large bowl mix together thoroughly, the ground beef, water, egg, taco seasoning, bread crumbs or Flaxseed, and the cayenne pepper.

4.)  Put the meat mixture in the 8x4-inch loaf pan. 

5.)  Top the meatloaf with ketchup, and bake in the oven for 1 hour.

6.)  After removing the pan from the oven, let the meatloaf sit for 5 minutes, before slicing and serving.

7.)  Yields: 5 servings

8.)  Note: When it comes to adding either the bread crumbs or Flaxseed, be sure to just add the 1 tablespoon.  Surprisingly, that's all the recipe needs to hold this meatloaf together.


Here's a photo of the meatloaf topped with ketchup, and before it's been baked in the oven.


Here's another photo of the meatloaf, and after it's been baked in the oven.


I thought I'd post another photo of the meatloaf, which I served with mashed potatoes and peas.
 
 

 
This is the Taco Seasoning Mix I used in the Meatloaf.  Which has 25% Less Sodium.  Since the recipe states to only use 4 Tablespoons, you will have close to 2 Tablespoons of the seasoning mix leftover.  I would not advise to add the remaining taco mix, "or the meatloaf will taste rather salty".

-
-

No comments:

Kittencal's Jumbo Chewy Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Cookies

I came across this "delicious" cookie recipe at:  Food.com - Recipes The recipe was posted by Kittencal, but I did modify the reci...