Monday, September 14, 2015

Spaghetti Salad

I love this salad, and while the recipe does make a lot, this pasta salad is sure to please your guests.  I do make this salad one day prior to serving, and that's so I can incorporate a bit more of the Italian dressing into the salad.



Spaghetti Salad 

1 pound of uncooked spaghetti (broken into 3rd's) 
 
1 (16-oz.) bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Fat-Free Dressing
 
2/3 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Fat-Free Bottled Dressing   
 
3 Tablespoons McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme Seasoning
 
Half of 1 red bell pepper, chopped
 
1 cucumber, seeded and chopped

 2 large Roma Tomatoes, seeded and cut-up
 
1 cup each, broccoli and cauliflower, cut into small pieces
 
1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
 
1 (8-oz.) package Colby-Jack Marbled Cheese, cubed small

1 can (2.25-oz.) sliced black olives, drained

-

1.)  Cook the spaghetti, then drain under cold water till the spaghetti is cool.  Drain well.  (I cooked my spaghetti exactly for 12 minutes.)
 

2.)  Marinate the spaghetti over night with the 16-ounces of Italian dressing. 
 

3.)  The next day (or morning), add the remaining ingredients, plus the 2/3's cup of Italian dressing.
 

4.)  Chill the salad several hours in the refrigerator before serving.  4.)  


5.)  Yields: 7 pounds of spaghetti salad  
 

6.) Note: Another really tasty Italian Dressing you can use in place of the Kraft Dressing... Fit & Active Fat Free Zesty Italian Dressing (which is sold at Aldi's).

 
........... An additional up-close photo of the salad ...........



An additional photo of McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme Seasoning.  That I used when preparing this delicious salad.

- 
Photo of 1 (16-oz.) bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Fat-Free Dressing. 
(I also purchased an additional bottle of the dressing, as I did add an extra 2/3 cup when preparing this delicious salad.)


-
-

No comments:

Cream of Potato & Cheddar Cheese Soup

One day my daughter had given me some of her Yukon Gold Potatoes from her garden.   I then decided I'd quickly  throw a potato soup toge...