About Me

My photo
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Cindi, aka "domestic goddess", and I consider myself to be a country girl at heart. I'm also a mother to 3 daughters, and I have 1 granddaughter. Being a counrty gal, I enjoy preparing down-home country meals for my family. I also enjoy sharing recipes with others, collecting cookbooks, reading about the paranormal, and spending time with my family.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Five O'Clock Franks

This recipe is from my 1975 Campbell's Cookbook titled...
A Campbell Cookbook Most-For-The-Money Main Dishes.
I did however tweak the recipe a bit, substituting one soup
for another, and also using another kind of noodles.



Five O'Clock Franks

1 (l6 oz.) pkg. franks, cut into 1/2" pieces
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 (10-3/4 oz.) can Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/3 cup water
1-1/2 cups uncooked rotini noodles
8 ounces frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained

In a 10-inch skillet, brown the franks and onion in butter until tender; stirring often. (I browned the franks and onion over medium to medium-low heat within 5 minutes.)

Stir in the soup, ketchup, and water.

Add the cooked noodles and cooked green beans; stir and heat through.

Season with salt and pepper, according to taste.

Yields: 5 servings

*Note: Campbell's original recipe states to use a can of cheddar cheese soup, but I opt to use Fiesta Nacho Cheese, which
gave this hot dish a bit of a 'kick'.. Also, I cooked the frozen green beans with 2 tablespoons of water, in a 900 watt microwave oven for 9 minutes; stirring them after 4 mins and 30 sec.
I should also mention, I cooked the noodles for 9 minutes.

3 comments:

Monique @ Magpie Hollow said...

That looks fantastic. I wish we had that soup here in The Netherlands !!

Domestic Goddess said...

Monique, thanks much for the compliment on the hot dish. I appreciate it, and that you had checked out one of my recipes. Sorry that particular kind of soup isn't available in The Netherlands.

Naiwen said...

it does indeed look superb. I love the look of it. Keep on or press on with your recipes, DG.